It was a lazy afternoon today, well its usually the case after dental appointments. After your braces gets tighten resulting more action and discomfort, you just want to stay home and rest. So, I decided to get myself comfortable and had watched 2 movies. Yup, two movies.
Shrek 2. Yes, I have not seen it nor have I seen Shrek 1, not in one seating at least. I don't know, just never came around to catching it. Maybe I just don't fancy movies like that. I must say though that Shrek was an enjoyable watch. Threw in some funny punches that got me cracking up a bit.
Better luck tomorrow. Now, this movie. Woah, I must unlearn what I had seen today. A movie by MTV films, done by asians that talks about life, college life. How to make a difference, in a western community. How these group of Asians stand out in the western community. They go school like everyone else, issues of affirmative action arises and being punked by the whites too. What do they do? Somehow, the chinese or koreans or any other asian seems to be the smart ones. They do well in school, get good grades. No one suspects them. But, they are the guys behind the scams that revolves around the movie.
They get involved with drugs, money, and in the end a life is taken away. As a result, those who couldn't handle it, call the shots and pulled the trigger. They chose to kill themselves.
Well, the movie spoke to me in a sense that, it was real. And the choices and situations that had taken place was real. A pretty messed up movie. Sweeping things under the carpet or burying them in the ground seems the way out for some people. Even if it is, your conscience won't let you rest. It will haunt you.
I have been reading as well. Currently, 'The Great Acting Teachers and their methods' by Richard Brestoff. An overview on the pioneers of acting, on how their systems were develop and giving insights to one that may be interested in picking up a few things. I must say, I am enjoying this book. I think by reading, I'm starting to be able to put the pieces together and clearly identify those questioning thoughts in my mind. All the 'W' questions.
Dad passed me an issue of a Fortune magazine to read up this particular article. Took the chance to browse some other interesting stuff that may be helpful. Its been a while since I have invested my time into business magazines. Used to read heaps of them in uni, trying to pull out some real life examples for examples and exams. It was indeed helpful.
Life is changing, some things go. Some things appear and grip on to you for life. I just hope, I know what to take on at the right time and let go whatever unnecessary.
Shrek 2. Yes, I have not seen it nor have I seen Shrek 1, not in one seating at least. I don't know, just never came around to catching it. Maybe I just don't fancy movies like that. I must say though that Shrek was an enjoyable watch. Threw in some funny punches that got me cracking up a bit.
Better luck tomorrow. Now, this movie. Woah, I must unlearn what I had seen today. A movie by MTV films, done by asians that talks about life, college life. How to make a difference, in a western community. How these group of Asians stand out in the western community. They go school like everyone else, issues of affirmative action arises and being punked by the whites too. What do they do? Somehow, the chinese or koreans or any other asian seems to be the smart ones. They do well in school, get good grades. No one suspects them. But, they are the guys behind the scams that revolves around the movie.
They get involved with drugs, money, and in the end a life is taken away. As a result, those who couldn't handle it, call the shots and pulled the trigger. They chose to kill themselves.
Well, the movie spoke to me in a sense that, it was real. And the choices and situations that had taken place was real. A pretty messed up movie. Sweeping things under the carpet or burying them in the ground seems the way out for some people. Even if it is, your conscience won't let you rest. It will haunt you.
I have been reading as well. Currently, 'The Great Acting Teachers and their methods' by Richard Brestoff. An overview on the pioneers of acting, on how their systems were develop and giving insights to one that may be interested in picking up a few things. I must say, I am enjoying this book. I think by reading, I'm starting to be able to put the pieces together and clearly identify those questioning thoughts in my mind. All the 'W' questions.
Dad passed me an issue of a Fortune magazine to read up this particular article. Took the chance to browse some other interesting stuff that may be helpful. Its been a while since I have invested my time into business magazines. Used to read heaps of them in uni, trying to pull out some real life examples for examples and exams. It was indeed helpful.
Life is changing, some things go. Some things appear and grip on to you for life. I just hope, I know what to take on at the right time and let go whatever unnecessary.

0 Responses to “Current”
Post a Comment